I am very honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Learning Lessons with Mrs. Labrasciano. She has been a true inspiration to me as I begin on this new adventure of starting a blog and publishing on Teachers Pay Teachers. She has truly brought sunshine to my world.
Receiving the nomation also comes along with some tasks....
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I am a mom and stepmom to 3 boys.
2. I was voted "Most Talkative in high school.
3. I have a brother with autism.
4. I hate, hate, hate the heat.
5. I cannot parallel park to save my life.
6. I am terrible at math.
7. I learned how to knit when I was in the hospital when I was pregnant for...7 1/2 weeks! Ugh!
8. I love to read.
9. I desperately want a dog.
10. Macaroni and cheese will always be my favorite meal.
11. My dream is to travel to Austria someday.
Now to answer the questions Amy left for me:
1. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
2. What is your absolute favorite book (that I should read next)?
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
3. Why did you start blogging?
I want to learn more from others. I want to learn more about myself, get great ideas from great people, and to always strive to do my best.
4. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Definitely feeling like I am making connections with others who love teaching as much as I do.
5. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Never give up. It's hard but it's really worth it.
6. Do you hate packing your kids lunch as much as I do?
7. What is your favorite part about working with kids?
The funny things they say, seeing the progress they make as the year goes on, and feeling like we really do make a difference.
8. What is your favorite weekend activity?
Anytime that I can spend with my husband. I adore him. He is my best friend and a wonderful man.
9. Which social media site is your favorite?
10. What is one thing about you that people are surprised by?
Ummm..... I'm a pretty open book.
11. If you could go back in time, would you?
No. Every life lesson has led to me to where I need to be.
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. Who is your biggest inspriration?
2. How long have you been teaching?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. What goal/dream do you have yet to accomplish?
5. What do you like the best about teaching?
6. What are 3 words to describe you.
7. What is your favorite food?
8. Name a hobby/interest?
9. What is the hardest thing about teaching?
10. If you could live anywhere where would that be?
11. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Post 11 questions for nominees to answer.